London: George Stanford, 1874.
Map. Colored engraving. Image measures 21.5 x 7".
This map, issued by the Rivers Pollution Commission depicts the New River from the Seven Sisters Road and the East Reservoir and West Reservoir south to Myddleton Street located today in the London Borough of Isington. The chart maps the New River Channel south of Green Lane Station and notes the lengths of the piped and open portions of the channel. Surrounding streets, filter beds, and important buildings are also noted. Published in the 1874 "Sixth Report of the Commissioners appointed in 1868 to inquire into the best means of preventing the pollution of rivers. The domestic water supply of Great Britain". The report was presented to both houses of Parliament by command of Her Majesty. The map is in very good condition with minor wear along the folds and some foxing. Minor rip over left margin, not affecting the image.