New York: E. Low, 1838.
Map. Uncolored engraving. Image measures 11.5" x 7.25".
Scarce map of Pennsylvania shows county lines, towns, roads and topography. Notably, this map includes the town of Aaronsburg (labeled as Aronsburg), founded by Aaron Levy in 1786. It was the first town to be laid out by and named after a Jewish settler. This map was engraved and published by Esther Prentiss Low in 1810. The map is in good condition with overall toning and some foxing.
Esther Low (1762-1816) was a New York based printer and publisher. She was the widow of John Low (1763-1809) and carried on his business after his death. John Low was known for publishing John Payne's A New and Complete System of Universal Geography in 1798-1800, with many of the Payne's maps also appearing in Low's "New Encyclopedia", issued from 1805-1811.