Paris: Paris Chamber of Commerce, 1881.
Map. Hand-colored engraving, 41 x 38 1/2 inches. Some toning, lower left corner missing, wear along original folds. tipped into green tall folio. Scuffs and dents to folio.
Unusual folding map of Paris, on the site of Place de Trocadero in the 16th arrondissement, across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower. It is also the name of the 1878 palace which was demolished in 1937 to make way for the Palais de Chaillot. The original is in the French archives and was made in 1869. The Palace of the King of Rome is the designation of two separate palaces intended for the use of the King of Rome, Napoleon II, son of Emperor Napoleon; an immense palace designed by the emperor in Paris on the hill of Chaillot which was never built.