London: Baldwin & Cradock, 1831.
Map. Engraving. 13 3/4" x 16 1/2".
This vintage reproduction map of Warsaw from the 19th century stretches from the Vistula/Wisla River in the south, with some depiction of Praga underneath, and shows the entirety of the city of Warsaw, outlined in yellow. There is some red outlining the outer city borders, and blue coloring in the river, as well as green in marsh areas. Colonia Wola (Village of Wola) is shown above the city center as well. Streets, some buildings, towns, and hachures are labeled and noted, and at the bottom of the map, many important buildings are depicted, such as the Protestant Church, the School of Fine Arts, and the Foundling Hospital. The Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge, or SDUK was formed in 1826 and published low cost maps with the goal of reaching a large market while still maintaining high quality and precision.
Illustrator: NICHOLSON, T. F.