Extremely scarce letterhead from the Standard Talking Machine Company, a Chicago-based manufacturer of record players from the discarded parts of Columbia records Talking Machines. Evidently this was done with the blessing of Columbia Records, which also allowed Standard to issue single-sided and double-sided discs from their catalog. Despite the label name, the discs were not quite "standard"; the spindle hole at the center was 9/16th of an inch larger than the industry standard, making it difficult to play on competitors phonographs. This letterhead, illustrated with two phonographs, was created in 1904 specifically for use by in-house salespeople, soliciting accounts from potential retailers -- not specific retailers, but any retailer! From a candy store to the back room of a gas station, any credible business was enticed to stock Standard Talking Machines, records, and supplies and work on a straight commission. The content of this letter, 1 page, 11 x 8.5 inches, May 1, 1905, is actually hand-typed as opposed to the majority of sales pitches which were cheaply mimeographed on wood pulp paper, often crumbling and literally disintegrating within twenty years. Natural folds but still in fine condition.