Delaware County: 1821.
1 page, 12.5 x 15.5 inches, Delaware County, August 3, 1821. Partly printed document, appointing Samuel Anderson a "Major of Battalion in the State Militia of Volunteers, of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania..." Signed above the embossed state seal. Reinforced center fold with minor separation at the left and right margins; gently foxed. Good condition.
Governor Hiester presided over the dedication of the first capital building in Harrisburg. Samuel Anderson was a naval doctor recommended by Benjamin Rush.