An exceptional relic from one of the most important structures ever built in America -- a small piece of wood measuring 0.5 x 1 inch from an original cedar beam from Independence Hall in Philadelphia. It was removed during the renovation of 1897. This chip is numbered 22824 and housed in a an ornate 6 x 5-inch blue leatherette case with red felt lining, featuring an image of Independence Hall on the cover. Inside with the wood chip is a brass plaque and facsimile signatures of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence. Also included is the original certificate of authenticity from Burnes of Boston, who created this collection in 1976 to celebrate the Bicentennial. The display box is housed inside of a custom blue-and-red crush-proof box. Excellent condition.
Entire contents kept in a red-and-blue cardboard box, which is rubbed on the edges.